It’s been a week since I launched The Daily Graph.
I’ve already shared one-paragraph ideas in it about how to have a less stressful day, launch a “hit,” and more.
People are digging it.
You can see what I’ve shared so far here and subscribe here to see what I share next week.
Now, on to this week’s ideas…
1. My Newsletter Mastermind Q&A
“If your newsletter was ‘The Jesse Newsletter’ and I don’t know who Jesse is, I don’t care how great it is, I’m probably not checking it out.”
I was recently invited to participate in a newsletter mastermind Q&A with the Ness Labs community.
Even though it’s typically available to members only, they were kind enough to record it and allow me to share it with you.
In a 68-minute video you’ll see me answer a variety of questions about newsletters including my take on how to get over the fear of unsubscribes, grow your newsletter, and find your niche (or not).
Related: The newsletter tips collection.
2. The Part Time Creator Manifesto
“You don’t have to make money right away. There are plenty of ways to create valuable personal assets without monetizing right away, from writing a newsletter to building a YouTube channel.”
Most creators aren’t full-time creators and they don’t have to be.
Shawn Wang shares the part time creator manifesto which is a great (an inspirational) overview of how to unlock value as a creator even if it’s not a full-time pursuit for you.
Related: A manifesto for creative people.
3. 13 Books Worth Reading If You’re A Consultant (Or Even If You’re Not)
“The books I’m recommending in this list have helped me expand my mind, look at my business (and life) from a new perspective, and feel more confident about how to approach new challenges.”
Luk Smeyers writes a great newsletter for creators so it shouldn’t come as a surprise that he’s also got some excellent books to recommend.
These 13 books worth reading if you’re a consultant include summaries of the key points from each book and are probably worth reading if you do any kind of creative work or want to become more productive.
Related: My Secrets of Successful Creators free ebook.
4. 10 Steps To Validating A Business Idea
“The biggest mistake new entrepreneurs make is treating their ideas carefully.”
This is a must-read if you’re considering launching a new project.
SimonBlogs shares 10 steps to validating a business idea including a deep dive into how to identify a problem, solution, customer and more.
Related: How to decide which ideas to pursue.
5. Five Lessons From Running A Paid Newsletter For A Year
“Send personal emails to new paying subscribers.”
It’s one thing to run a free newsletter, but a paid one is an entirely different can of worms.
Simon Owens breaks down five lessons he’s learned from running a paid newsletter for a year including to experiment with formatting, build a community for your audience, and promote your evergreen content.
Related: Most paid newsletters fail because they offer more instead of different.
This Is How I Get Things Done Every Day
I put together an eight-page PDF that reveals the simple productivity system I use each day to manage my To-Do List, focus on my most impactful work, and get things done…and how you can too.
You’ll learn how I use a free app to manage my workflow, the five-minute routine I use every morning to optimize my day, and how I built a system that amplifies motivation and minimizes procrastination.
Learn how to get things done every day here.
Join This Is How I Do It for access to my full library of 39 resources to help you grow your audience or business, plus a new one each week.
Join today to get $1,365 worth of resources for just $120!
• Struggling to find ideas on what to post on your social accounts? Never suffer from idea block again! Get 731+ Days of Social Content for only $27.
• Learn to be an expert storyteller on video from an award-winning TODAY show producer. Stop feeling overwhelmed and learn video to grow your brand!
• Tempo F*ck Coffee is a nootropic brain booster supplement that promises clarity and focus without the jitters and dreaded crash. 15% off here.
• Newsdrop is a quicker way of reading the news. Our editors summarize the top news of the day in less than 200 words, organized in a skimmable feed.
• Limited spots left for 1st cohort of On Deck Course Creators, a high-caliber paid community for the best course creators in the world. Apply now.
Have something you’d like to tell 10,000+ FTI readers about? Reserve an ad here.
My Final Words Of The Week
Sometimes, less is more.
Have a great week!
PS — If you enjoy my newsletter I’d love you to tell others about it.