Tom Petty refused to sell seats in the first two rows of his shows.
Instead, before the show he’d go find the people sitting in the back two rows and move them to the front.
“I figure if they’re willing to sit in the nosebleeds, they really want to be there,” he said.
Now, on to this week’s ideas…
The Starting Five
In this week’s episode of my I Want To Know podcast I offer a deep dive into social media content, strategy, and monetization.
Watch it at the link above or listen to it here.
You’ll learn stuff like how to figure out the best time to tweet, organize your bookmarks, and auto-plug your newsletter.
A great behind-the-scenes look at how one woman build her own independent podcast network.
Tiago Forte has built one of the most successful courses around and in this post he breaks down his next adventure and how he’s approaching it.
This will show you how to start small and make you realize building a community doesn’t have to be as overwhelming as it may seem.
Sources and Sponsors
• Meditation seems simple yet many struggle to get started. If you’re interested in the many benefits of becoming more mindful, check out this site.
• Copyblogger founder Brian Clark delivers smart affiliate marketing advice for creators with the Creative Affiliate newsletter. Sign up here.
• Finally, all the best, proven tactics from the best, proven digital entrepreneurs collected in one place, ready-made to help you build online revenue.
• Glowreel: elevating the power & status of women of colour. Original interviews with trailblazers + important news bites. Free to your inbox weekly.
• The Marketing Motivation newsletter helps you harness your motivation to up your game in marketing, along with a quick digest of top reads and tools.
• Simon Owens’ Media Newsletter covers how publishers create, distribute, and monetize digital content.
Want to promote your creations to my 19,000+ readers? Reserve an ad.
My Final Words of the Week
Half-in doesn’t work.
Half-in is a way to convince yourself you’re trying, but in reality it’s just the surest way to waste your time, effort, and resources.
All in or all out.
Have an interesting week!
New To This Newsletter?
Subscribe here to get what I share next week.