Here’s an easy way to get better at promoting your creations:
Watch 30 minutes of the home shopping network and take notes on how they pitch their products.
I learned more watching them sell a pair of $50 shoes than I did in most books I’ve read about sales.
Now, on to this week’s ideas…
1. 11 Ways To Use Blog Posts To Get Twitter Followers
“Take a paragraph from your blog post and write it as a tweet. Then remove the paragraph from your blog post and embed the tweet to replace it.”
One of the most effective ways to grow your Twitter account doesn’t even happen on the platform.
In this post I reveal 11 ways to use blog posts to get Twitter followers including how to create complementary content on Twitter, find people who have already shared your blog posts on Twitter, and promote your Twitter account in the right places on your blog.
Related: Four tweet formats that work every time.
2. Give Away 99% Of Your Expertise For Free And Monetize The Last 1%
“When people pay for the last 1%, what they’re really buying is the organization, implementation, and community surrounding all your ideas.”
I completely agree with the premise of this article and it’s an approach that’s been a key to my success.
Nicolas Cole suggests you give away 99% of your creations for free and monetize the last 1% and explains why trying to withhold value from people gains you nothing.
As he says, “If you can’t get people to pay attention to your free work, you aren’t going to be able to get people to pay attention to your paid work.”
Btw, I found this link in the Scale Your Impact newsletter.
3. Why You Should Build An Antilibrary
“An antilibrary is a private collection of unread books.”
This will likely change the way you think about books.
In a five-minute video, Anne-Laure Le Cunff explains why you should build an antilibrary.
She suggests rather than have shelves full of books you’ve read, there’s more value in having shelves of books you haven’t read but can use as research material.
Instead of a library that reflects what you know, create one that reflects what you want to explore.
Related: How to read more books.
4. How To Get 277,000 Instagram Followers Without Spending A Dollar
“Comments go up 10x when people know you’ll acknowledge and chat with them.”
I’ve recently started to post more on Instagram (you can connect with me here), so I found this particularly interesting.
Alexander Boon breaks down how he got 277,000 Instagram followers in a year without spending a dollar including his approach to content, consistency, engagement, and hashtags.
Related: 40 one-sentence social media tips.
5. The 11 Laws Of Showrunning
“Always describe a path to success.”
You may never have your own TV series, but I guarantee this will help you with any kind of creative work you ever produce — especially if your creations are a team effort.
Emmy-winning television producer Javier Grillo-Marxuach compiled his best advice for other showrunners into these 11 laws of showrunning.
The laws include to know your show and tell everyone what it is, make decisions early and often, and expect your staff to perform at various levels of competence.
Btw, I found this link in the Chicken Shed Chronicles newsletter.
I Created Some Resources To Help You
I put together a few special resources to help you grow your audience or business.
Check these out:
Join This Is How I Do It for access to all of those resources plus 50 more resources and templates you can use to save time, money, and effort growing your audience or business.
It’s $1,600 worth of resources bundled up into a $120 package.
• Online courses are profitable, but they’re also hard to build. Until now. Classcamp makes it easy to create stunning courses, using only your phone.
• Ready to fly around your phone like a pro? This new e-course will teach you tons of time-saving Android shortcuts. And it’s 100% free for FTI readers.
• I’m a coach, photographer, and writer in NYC. Subscribe and follow along on my journey to live a more courageous, curious, and creative life.
• IdeaEconomy.net — A weekly digest of what’s working in the Creator Economy. Build your audience. Grow your Business.
• Are you a creative entrepreneur? If so, Better, Smarter, Happier is for you. Everything you need to build a creative business, in a simple newsletter.
Have something you’d like to tell 18,000 FTI readers about? Reserve an ad here.
My Final Words Of The Week
On average, sponsors of my newsletter last week got 116 clicks on their ads.
No sponsor got less than 88 clicks.
Not bad for a $100 investment.
(And yes, those clicks also led to subscribers, sales, leads, etc.)
If you’d like promote your product, service, or content in my newsletter you can become a sponsor here.
Have a great week!
PS — If you enjoy my newsletter I’d love you to tell others about it.