This newsletter isn’t the only place I deliver value.
For example, on Twitter I recently shared a brilliant way to use Instagram, how to avoid one of the most common mistakes creators make, and how to hire great people.
To see what I share next on Twitter, you can connect with me here.
Now, on to this week’s ideas…
1. A Behind-The-Scenes Look At The For The Interested Newsletter
“I get more total link clicks on a weekday edition that has one link than I do on a Sunday edition that has 12 or 15.”
I was recently interviewed by Ashley Guttuso of Curated about how I approach writing my newsletter and what I’ve learned from my recent decision to incorporate weekday editions.
In this 75-minute video I share a behind-the-scenes look at the For The Interested newsletter including how I write it, how readers engage with it, and how I’ve successfully monetized it.
Related: How to get newsletter subscribers.
2. Five Ways To Turn Your Audience Into Income
“Free is not a business model.”
It’s one thing to attract an audience, but it’s another to attract an audience willing to purchase what you have to offer.
David Ramos suggests five ways to turn your audience into income including that people will pay for content that saves them time, content that gets them results, and to support meaningful movements.
Related: Six questions to help you monetize your audience.
3. What To Post On LinkedIn
“Instead of thinking of LinkedIn as a professional place to put content, replace the word professional with leadership.”
If you’re not sure what to post on LinkedIn, your problem’s about to be solved.
In a 15-minute video, Judi Fox breaks down what to post on LinkedIn including a three-part strategic post formula designed to help you engage and convert your audience.
Btw, if you’re on LinkedIn I’d love to connect with you here.
Related: How to use LinkedIn Creator Mode.
4. 10 Writing Tips From Oscar-Winning Filmmaker Edward Zwick
“Your most clever, articulate lines should be the first to go.”
This one’s about screenwriting, but most of it is applicable to any kind of writing.
Edward Zwick shares 10 writing tips, tricks, and tirades including how to prime the pump, outline, and fight for your material.
Btw, I found this link on Mike Medavoy’s Twitter account.
5. How To Get 99 Newsletter Subscribers From A Single Twitter Reply
“This was the time to shoot my shot.”
Twitter replies are the most overlooked opportunity on social media and for most people you’ll get more reach and value out of a well-placed reply than you will an original tweet.
Honey Syed reveals how he got 99 newsletter subscribers from a single Twitter reply and suggests a tool you can use to find similar opportunities for yourself.
Related: Four tweet formats that work every time.
You’re One Click Away From Feeling Less Overwhelmed
I want to help you be more productive.
That’s why I’ve created a collection of resources to help you figure out how best to manage your time and get your most important work done.
Join This Is How I Do It today to get access to all these resources:
• How to get things done every day
• How to decide which projects to pursue
• How to manage your inbox
• How to use a creator logistics manager
• How to set 90 day goals
• Which books I most recommend you read
• The story of the most valuable creation I abandoned
• How to tweet at least five times a day
Plus, you’ll get 50 more resources to help you grow your audience and business.
• Write Now: Your Blueprint to a Byline–Free Workshop. A combo seminar/working session, find out how to get started as a freelance writer. Sign up now.
• Want to set up your blog but don’t know how? blogstatic makes it easy to get you started. Nothing to install. No coding. Hosting included. SEO ready.
• As an all-in-one marketing platform, Sendinblue helps you navigate the digital landscape with Email Marketing, Marketing Automation & more.
• The podcast discovery struggle is real. Podcast Delivery brings fresh podcasts to your inbox every Monday so you can focus on making it to Friday.
• Make sure your audience sees your best content with SleekBio, the world’s most versatile bio link. All the basics for free, lifetime upgrade just $19.
Have something you’d like to tell 18,000 FTI readers about?
On average, sponsors get 150 clicks on their ads.
My Final Words Of The Week
You don’t need me to tell you to watch Ted Lasso — I’m sure you’ve heard that enough from others already.
But even if you don’t get around to watching the series, take a couple minutes to watch this scene.
It’ll stick with you.
Have a great week!
PS — If you enjoy my newsletter I’d love you to tell others about it.