Every day something makes me think, “I should have done that.”
For example, this tweet thread that’s been shared hundreds of times is based on something I shared in my newsletter earlier this week, but I didn’t tweet it.
As I’ve watched it go viral, I certainly wish I would have posted it myself.
But whenever I think “I should have done that,” I remind myself of something else:
“I can’t do everything.”
Neither can you, so don’t be so hard on yourself.
Now, on to this week’s ideas…
The Starting Five
My best advice about writing compiled into a single blog post including tips on how to come up with ideas, outline, write a first draft, edit your work, and publish.
So simple. So powerful.
David Perell calls these the “Laws of the Internet,” but they have nothing to do with legality and everything to do with what it takes to grow an audience or business online.
This was originally published in 2009, but if you struggle to start or finish creative work you’ll find it relevant (and motivating!).
Spoiler Alert: It didn’t hurt his business…it helped it!
A Deeper Dive: Doing Less
A few resources to help you figure out how to get more by doing less.
Sources and Sponsors
• Blog and send Newsletters from a single platform. Completely FREE to start, blogstatic helps you grow and nurture your audience.
• NFTs! So exciting, but so confusing. That’s where we come in: Free course reveals how I made $20k in 48 hours with NFTs. (Price going up soon)
• Shipto.me is the easiest way to ship physical packages to others on the internet without sharing your address. Reserve your shipping username now.
• The eBiz Weekly newsletter features a collection of examples of how people earn money online.
• The Rubesletter newsletter is one of my favorites: A great collection of entertaining and thought-provoking takes on culture.
Want To Be Featured In My Newsletter?
Reserve an ad to reach 18,000 creators and entrepreneurs.
The average ad gets more than 200 clicks!
Here are the results previous sponsors have gotten.
My Final Words of the Week
Want to know what podcast episodes I find valuable?
Follow my new Marketing Podcasts playlist on Spotify — it features a collection of episodes I recommend and I’ll be adding new ones to it regularly.
Have an interesting week!
PS — If you enjoyed this newsletter share it with someone you know will like it.