Sometimes the things we find most valuable are the ones that surprise us.
With that in mind, I’m including a bonus “surprise” link in each issue of this newsletter moving forward.
You’ll find it at the bottom of The Starting Five section.
I think you’ll dig it.
Now, on to this week’s ideas…
The Starting Five
Not everyone’s going to love what you do. This is my take on what to do when they don’t.
This is as close to a formula as you’ll get for figuring out how to create headlines that attract attention, content that lives up to that headline, and creations people will want to share it with others.
A deep dive into the strategy he uses including how he optimized his profile, found his niche, and figured out what to tweet about.
A collection of frameworks you can use to turn your inspirations into successful and unique creations of your own.
Tips from a writer at The Hustle on how to build, price, and launch a paid newsletter.
A Surprise Bonus Link!
Want to know what it is? There’s only one way to find out.
Meanwhile, On Twitter…
The 8 stages of being a creator:
1. Admiring other creations
2. Creating something
3. Creating something else
4. Creating something better
5. Optimizing your creations
6. Marketing your creations
7. Monetizing your creations
8. Building a business around your creations
— Josh Spector (@jspector) January 16, 2022
Want me to audit a page on your website and give you a tip to improve it?
Reply with a link to a page you want me to review.
(Sales page, home page, about page, blog post, whatever you want me to check out)"
— Josh Spector (@jspector) January 20, 2022
Sources and Sponsors
• Email list churn is expected, but well-crafted reactivation campaigns can help you win back the attention of idle subscribers — here’s how to do it.
• Experience Stack Newsletter is a weekly roundup of curated posts & helpful insights about the digital experience. Give yourself an edge–subscribe now!
• Music composer Fog Chaser sends moments of calm — in the form of original instrumental music and visuals — once per month, free.
• Instacap — Screen capture, annotation & visual feedback tool for web pages, images and pdfs.
• Are you looking for pain and anxiety relief using all natural CBD for your dog?
• Opt In Weekly is a must-read free newsletter for newsletter creators.
• The Idea Economy newsletter is a free overview of what’s working in the creator economy.
Want to reach the 18,000 creators and entrepreneurs who read this newsletter for just $100?
My Final Words Of The Week
Don’t be a perfectionist, be Lorne Michaels.
As he said, “Saturday Night Live doesn’t go on because it’s ready, it goes on because it’s Saturday night at 11:30.”
Have an interesting week!
PS — If you know someone who would enjoy this newsletter please share it with them.