Prince spent months preparing for his legendary 2007 Super Bowl halftime performance.
But in the dressing room moments before taking the field, he switched everything up, changed the song arrangements, and even eliminated the horn section that had practiced with the band for months.
It was the move of an artist who valued his instincts over the pursuit of perfection.
“I want to make heart decisions in business,” he said. “If you can’t do that, you’re not free.”
Now, on to this week’s ideas…
The Starting Five
1. 12 Questions Every Creator Should Ask Themselves
Some questions I recommend you consider — they’ll help you get clarity on what you want and how to get it.
2. An Eight-Step Framework To Grow Your Personal Brand
You’ll learn how to communicate your expertise, pick the right platforms, and create valuable products based on the way successful creators do it.
3. Nine Common Website Mistakes To Avoid
This will help you improve your website and figure out what may be getting in the way of you accomplishing your goals at the moment.
4. A Database Of 210 Powerful Growth Tactics
I don’t have a lot of explanation or backstory on this one, but it’s an incredible resource compiled by Growth Tools.
5. 16 Tools To Help You Master Twitter
They’ll help you create compelling images, schedule threads, figure out the best time to post tweets, and more.
Did you miss the resources I shared last week?
Meanwhile, On Twitter…
If I were to create something new to help you, which would you most want me to create?
• A podcast
• A YouTube channel
• A community
— Josh Spector (@jspector) February 9, 2022
Want to be a marketer? Market something.
Want to be a graphic designer? Design something.
Want to be a stockbroker? Give someone stock tips.
Want to be an entrepreneur? Sell something.
Stop waiting and do the thing you want to be.
— Josh Spector (@jspector) February 11, 2022
Sources and Sponsors
• Gen Z isn’t the technology-obsessed generation marketers may think. Learn what makes Gen Z tick, & how to market to this new generation.
• Stock market got you down? It’s tough, we know. But did you know farmland is doing fine? Or that comic books are way up? Learn more: Subscribe to Alts
• https://www.shipto.me/ Send & Receive packages without an address… Join the waitlist to RSVP your spot in line.
• PrimoStats’ newsletter is your original source of marketing insights. Get access to stats and the context behind industry reports. Sign up for free.
• Creatorbread is a free newsletter & blog helping creators learn about investing, personal finance, and business.
• Enroll in Growing Your Content Business, a new Univ of Oregon online course with Simon Owens and guest Josh Spector. Go to: contentbusiness.org.
• The Spark Edition newsletter features tools and articles to help you work and play better.
• The Idea Economy newsletter helps creators and indie startups grow their audience and business.
Want to get your product or service in front of my 18,000 readers? Reserve an ad here.
My Final Words Of The Week
I guarantee after you watch this you’re going to want to share it with your own followers.
Have an interesting week!
PS — I’m sure you know someone who would love my newsletter and I’ll love you if you tell them to subscribe here.