I’ve helped people grow their audience and business for more than a decade.
And bit by bit I’ve found new and improved ways to do so.
The launch of Skill Sessions is the latest evolution and I’m super proud of it.
It’s been a long time coming and I’m sure you’ll find it valuable.
I’m thrilled to see how many people have already signed up and I hope you’ll join us for this new adventure.
Let me know if you have any questions about it.
Now, on to this week’s ideas…
The Starting Five
1. How To Write Your Most Successful Blog Post Ever
This is the first Skill Session I’ve released and it’s one of the most valuable things I’ve created. You’re 52 minutes away from writing a blog post that unlocks what you want.
2. The 7-Step Process Justin Welsh Used To Get 37,000 Twitter Followers In 14 Weeks
You’ll learn what he tweeted, how he optimized his tweets, and who he engaged with to make it happen. (Btw, it’s been 10 days since he shared this and he’s now up to 50K followers.)
3. Tips From A YouTube Editor Whose Videos Have Five Billion Views
Tons of useful stuff here including the revelation that the best YouTube videos edit out more than 70% of what they film.
4. How Ann Handley Grew Her Newsletter 2,000% In Three Years
If you enjoy the way I approach my newsletter, you’re going to love Ann’s advice. We’re spirit animals.
5. Seven Ways To Speed Up Your Writing
This will show you how to write faster first drafts and quiet your inner critic.
Surprise Bonus Link:
I bet this one makes you think.
Meanwhile, On Twitter…
Every time you tweet something your followers don't engage with, they become less likely to see your next tweet.
It also hurts the overall perceived interest in your account within the Twitter algorithm.
This creates a snowball effect.
— Josh Spector (@jspector) February 18, 2022
Audience growth happens one person at a time.
You don't just get 1,000 subscribers.
You get one subscriber 1,000 times.
— Josh Spector (@jspector) February 16, 2022
Sources and Sponsors
• Great email marketing starts with strategy. And no, we don’t mean simply blasting out emails and hoping. Here’s how to build a winning strategy.
• They Got Acquired: Read about founders who sold their business for “small” but life-changing amounts (deal size of $100K-$50M).
• New short story publication. Writers get $100 + 50% of revenue. Readers get one short story a month along with writing tips/tricks. Everyone wins.
• Make $1/follower/month on Twitter. 2 million+ tweets swipe, 200+ sales tweets and more. You don’t pay until you make more money. Click here.
• Feed is a set-and-forget Facebook & Instagram ad tool that grows your audience & sells products by predicting and promoting your strongest posts.
• The CreatorBread newsletter breaks down the business, money, and strategy behind the creator economy.
• The Brain Pint newsletter features interesting reads, tools, and learning resources to make you smarter.
Reserve an ad to introduce your product or service to the 18,000 creative entrepreneurs who read this newsletter for just $100.
My Final Words Of The Week
I had a realization this week.
For a long time I’ve referred to my audience (aka you) as creators.
That’s mostly true, but I might have stumbled into an even more accurate description.
Have an interesting week!
PS — Tell that person you know who would love this newsletter that it exists. Send them here to subscribe.