A creator’s best friend are constraints.
Do you know how Dr. Seuss created Green Eggs and Ham?
It was the result of a bet in which he was challenged to write a story using only 50 words.
Now, on to this week’s ideas…
The Starting Five
If you do nothing other than post one tweet a day using these templates I created you’ll build a must-follow Twitter account in your niche.
It’s easy to assume having a day job prevents you from getting what you want, but it’s not true — it might even be an advantage.
CJ Chilvers shares everything he’s learned about how to publish consistently, grow an audience, and monetize your newsletter.
Btw, for more help growing your newsletter check out my Newsletter Accelerator.
There are two different approaches to marketing and this article helps you choose the one that best aligns with what you sell.
You’ll learn how he attracted an audience, built products to serve them, and scaled his business.
Here’s everything I know about how to write a great blog post.
Meanwhile, On Twitter…
How to find your niche:
1. Pick 5 interests
2. Create two pieces of content for each
3. Compare how much you liked creating them and how they performed
4. Eliminate the worst niche
5. Repeat until 1 niche remains
That’s your niche.
— Josh Spector (@jspector) March 3, 2022
I’ve got a lot of opinions about how to succeed as a creative entrepreneur.
They’re not all popular.
Here are some people love to disagree with…
— Josh Spector (@jspector) March 1, 2022
Sources and Sponsors
• Strong relationships are built on personal experiences. But how do you personalize customer experiences at scale? Answer: email marketing automation.
• Apply to join [Nervous System Mastery] — learn research-backed protocols to regulate stress, cultivate calm + build resilience.
• Desk Notes explores writing, travel, and literature. Read a new issue every Friday.
• Enroll in Growing Your Content Business, a new Univ of Oregon online course with Simon Owens and guest Josh Spector. Go to: contentbusiness.org.
• #FtheHUSTLE is for Creators Ready to ENJOY the Journey, Do Good Work, & Grow a Profitable Business. Your Entrepreneurial freedom starts TODAY.
• Grow your YouTube channel from 0 to 100,000+ subscribers with Part-Time YouTuber Academy, a live 6-week course by Ali Abdaal (2.7M subs). Enroll today
• The JessPicks newsletter features tools, tips, and resources for side hustlers.
• The Jay Acunzo newsletter is about how to make things you and your audience love.
Want to reach 18,000 creative entrepreneurs? Sponsor this newsletter.
My Final Words Of The Week
I’m doing a special virtual event on March 16th and would love to have you join me.
I’ll be interviewing Maria Brito about her new book How Creativity Rules The World.
It’s a great book, packed with actionable ways to boost your creativity and use it to further your career.
And even if you can’t attend the event, you can go here to get the book AND free access to Maria’s creativity course.
Have an interesting week!
PS — Know someone who would love my newsletter? They can subscribe here.