No one knows what they’re doing.
But some people are trying to figure it out.
Be one of those people.
Now, on to this week’s ideas…
The Starting Five
If you tell me you want to make money from what you know, the first thing I’m going to tell you is to answer these six questions.
The secret to getting more done with less stress might be to approach your work the way successful chefs do.
Justin Welsh earned $90,351 in pre-sales of his course before even launching it. This is how he did it.
(Btw, check out my Final Words of the Week at the bottom of this newsletter for more about Justin’s course.)
This episode of the Social Media Marketing podcast is a must-listen for anyone who runs Facebook or Instagram ads. If nothing else, listen to the conversation at the 10-minute mark about how to write effective copy.
You also may want to check out my Marketing Podcasts playlist to see other podcast episodes I recommend.
If you feel uncomfortable promoting yourself and your work, these examples will help you find an approach that works for you.
Join me Wednesday night for a special conversation with author Maria Brito about her new book How Creativity Rules The World.
Meanwhile, On Twitter…
Kids don’t assume they’ll have to work at a job they hate as an adult.
Adults shouldn’t assume it either.
— Josh Spector (@jspector) March 12, 2022
Having a DM conversation with someone trying to figure out what business to pursue.
Here's a bit of what I suggested he think about. pic.twitter.com/wly2s2UdYH
— Josh Spector (@jspector) March 11, 2022
Sources and Sponsors
• Strong relationships are built on personal experiences. But how do you personalize customer experiences at scale? Answer: email marketing automation.
• At Alts we track emerging trends shaping our future. One huge trend right now is alternative assets. Look beyond stocks and crypto. Subscribe to Alts
• Enroll in Growing Your Content Business, a new Univ of Oregon online course with Simon Owens and guest Josh Spector. Go to: contentbusiness.org.
• Music composer Fog Chaser sends moments of calm — in the form of original instrumental music and visuals — once per month, free. Learn more here.
• The only tool you need to get more visitors to your WordPress site. Full audit & step-by-step SEO plan to appear higher in search results. Free Trial.
• The Timeless & Timely newsletter features lessons from history and literature applied to the challenges of the present.
I’d love to tell my 18,000 readers about your product or service. Here’s how to make that happen.
My Final Words Of The Week
A couple weeks ago I bought Justin Welsh’s LinkedIn Operating System.
I’ve taken a lot of courses over the years, but rarely recommend them.
I’m highly recommending this one if you have any interest in growing or monetizing your LinkedIn account.
Since taking the course (which only takes a couple hours to complete), I’ve started to post more on LinkedIn (connect with me here) and am getting traction, newsletter subscribers, and client leads there.
The course can help you do that too.
Full disclosure: I’ll make a small commission if you purchase, but I would never recommend something to you I don’t fully believe in and found valuable myself.
Have an interesting week!
New to this newsletter?
Subscribe here to get more strategies to grow your audience and business next week.