So, this is 300.
For 300 of the past 301 weeks I’ve published an edition of this newsletter on Sunday morning.
(I skipped my wedding weekend.)
It’s likely the best thing I’ve ever created and I’m honored to be in your inbox every week.
Thanks for your interest.
If you’ve found my newsletter helpful, I’d LOVE it if you’d post something on social media recommending it to your friends.
Here’s to the next 300!
Now, on to this week’s ideas…
The Starting Five
I’ve learned a lot in the process of becoming a full-time creative entrepreneur and put this together to help you if you’re on a similar journey…or want to be.
Simon Hoiberg made $7,500 in the first week of selling his first e-book and continues to earn thousands of dollars from it each month. This video reveals how he created, promoted, and sold it.
Are you sure you’re focused on the right thing?
Some great advice here from someone who works on YouTube’s recommendation system about how to choose topics for videos, handle comments, and how often to upload new videos to maximize exposure.
This is aimed at artists, but it’s a useful exercise for anyone who creates things.
Meanwhile, On Twitter…
The easiest way to overcome perfectionism:
Give yourself a deadline and stick to it.
As SNL producer Lorne Michaels said:
“The show doesn’t go on because it’s ready — it goes on because it’s 11:30.”
— Josh Spector (@jspector) March 18, 2022
Want to grow your audience? Create this:
– 1 piece of long form content per week. (blog post, podcast, etc)
– 1 piece of curated content per week. (Newsletter)
– 1 piece of short form content per day. (Tweet, IG post, etc)
Do it for 3 months and watch what happens.
— Josh Spector (@jspector) March 14, 2022
Sources and Sponsors
• Campaign Monitor’s custom template builder automatically generates an email template with your brand’s logo, colors, and font. Give it a try for free.
• Sendinblue helps you reach your customers digitally. Create personalized emails, manage your CRM, send transactional emails. Learn more here!
• Creativerly is the newsletter for the creative community, packed with creativity & productivity-boosting tools, articles, and insights. Check it out!
• Learn from over 100 of the top accounts on Twitter. A dynamic swipe file the top accounts on Twitter featuring five of their top-performing tweets.
• Finally, an IRL event for content creators like us! CEX — Creator Economy Expo — May 2nd to 4th in Phoenix, AZ. Save $200 here (code FTI).
• The Growth Currency newsletter features resources, tools, and courses for creators.
• The CreatorBread newsletter breaks down the business, money, and strategy behind the creator economy.
• Follow Matt Navarra on Twitter for news and tips about the social media industry.
Want to promote your work to my 18,000+ readers? Reserve an ad.
My Final Words Of The Week
I had a great conversation with Maria Brito last week about her new book How Creativity Rules The World.
You can watch the replay for free here to see our chat about everything from how to improve your creativity to how anyone can use creativity to get what they want.
Have an interesting week!
New to this newsletter?
Subscribe here to get new strategies to grow your audience and business next week.
Join Skill Sessions to get access to my workshops for creative entrepreneurs.