Patience is powerful.
Because victory often goes to the one willing to stick with something long enough to get it.
Now, on to this week’s ideas…
The Starting Five
1. How To Use A Newsletter To Get Clients
I’ve built a six-figure consulting business without doing any outreach to get clients. They’ve all come through my newsletter and in this post I explain how I made that happen.
Btw, if you’d like some one-on-one help to get similar results with your newsletter, here’s how I can help you.
2. 7 Tips From A Writer Who Sold $5 Million Worth Of Self-Published Books
A step-by-step plan you can follow to attract an audience that will want to buy your work.
3. How 937 Creators Would Spend $2,022 To Grow Their Business
The results of this survey reveal creators are a lot more eager to pay for help than promotion.
4. How To Be More Confident On Camera
These six strategies are as likely to make you feel more comfortable on camera as they are to improve your videos.
It’s great to create a lot of content, but inevitably your content library becomes a bit of a mess. This video will help you assess what you’ve created, get it organized, and get more value out of it.
Meanwhile, On Twitter…
Of the courses you've taken, what was the biggest difference between the ones you found most and least valuable?
— Josh Spector (@jspector) May 14, 2022
I spend a lot of time thinking about my work and the people I serve.
Sometimes, those thoughts turn into sketches like this one I scribbled last night.
Here’s the story of the thought process that led to it…
(It’s still just a fragment of a thought at this point) pic.twitter.com/2sIxrupscR
— Josh Spector (@jspector) May 10, 2022
Sources and Sponsors
• The question isn’t if it’s worth it to launch a newsletter; it’s if you can afford to not have one. Get our tips for a successful newsletter launch.
• Tired of Google selling your data and showing you ads? Try You.com — the search engine without ads or wonky SEO content. Search less, do more.
• Unblock yourself, from yourself. Coaching for creative entrepreneurs wanting to do their most courageous work.
• About to interview? Have a dream job opportunity? Read these next-level interview tips that <1% of people use. Executive Leadership Insider
• Today’s tidbit is courtesy of By Title Only, which delivers some of the funniest and most poignant leadership tidbits out there. Sign up for free now.
• Find out why your social media strategy isn’t working and what to do instead.
Become a sponsor to tell 18,000 creative entrepreneurs about your product or service.
My Final Words Of The Week
I got an email from a filmmaker who spent a decade making a documentary which recently got rejected from a bunch of festivals.
He was distraught and asked for advice.
I suggested he consider self-distributing the film and added this bit which applies to a lot more than just filmmakers:
“The world has changed and it’s no longer just about finding someone to say ‘yes’ to you — you don’t need permission to put your work into the world.”
Take control of your own destiny.
Have an interesting week!
New to this newsletter?
Subscribe here to get what I share next week.