On Monday, I’m going to show you how to get more newsletter subscribers in five minutes a day.
If you’d like to learn how, subscribe to my Skill Sessions.
When you do, you’ll be invited to join me live (on Zoom) for the workshop on Monday, May 23 at 2 pm PST, where you’ll also have a chance to ask questions at the end of the session.
If you can’t join live, you’ll still get access to watch the Skill Session on demand later.
As a Skill Session subscriber you get instant access to my previous sessions (The Content Compass and How To Write Your Most Successful Blog Post Ever) and the next six Skill Sessions I do over the course of the coming year.
And you get it all for less than $20 per Session.
Learn more and get instant access to Skill Sessions here.
Now, on to this week’s ideas…
The Starting Five
1. I Owe My Success As A Creative Entrepreneur To These 8 Questions I Ask Every Month
They help me figure out what to do more of, less of, and what I actually want.
2. How Someone Who “Didn’t Get” Twitter Finally Figured It Out
This is a step-by-step plan you can follow to unlock the value (and fun) to be found on Twitter…without having a huge following.
3. A 7-Step Process To Make Your Backstory Compelling
Whether you use this the next time you’re interviewed, on your website, or just in conversations, it’s a powerful format that will help you tell your story in a way that resonates.
4. How To Look Better On Camera
You know those people who look like they have a professional cinematographer shooting their videos or an Oscar-winning production designer setting up their Zoom background? This will show you how to be one of them.
5. The State of the Creator Economy
ConvertKit interviewed 2,704 creators about what it’s like to be a creator these days and here’s what they learned.
Meanwhile, On Twitter…
Here’s some advice I just have to a writer who wants to grow his audience. pic.twitter.com/aOFv8JULqn
— Josh Spector (@jspector) May 18, 2022
Tweet about whatever you want.
— Josh Spector (@jspector) May 14, 2022
Sources and Sponsors
• Uncover the secrets to success behind The New York Times’ The Morning, and what you can learn from it for your own newsletter.
• Learn the secrets of leadership in less than 4 minutes per week! Free newsletter reveals how I became my boss’ boss. Sign up for free!
• Startupy is the first community-curated search engine. No SEO manufactured garbage. Just a delightful library of human-curated knowledge.
• The book: Build your audience, teaches you to attract the clients you want and build trust to keep them coming back for more. Get Your Copy Now!
• Actionable tips, tactics, and insights to grow your audience and make better content. Stolen from the best. Only on The Steal Club.
• Follow Rand Fishkin on Twitter for tips about marketing, tech, and startups.
• Learn how to write your most successful blog post ever.
Want your product or service featured here? Reserve an ad.
My Final Words Of The Week
Just because you’re doing something others have done before it doesn’t mean you have to do it the way it’s always been done.
Find a new perspective.
Have an interesting week!
New to my newsletter?
Subscribe here to get what I share next week.