It’s easy to feel things are out of our control.
And while we can’t control everything, that doesn’t mean we can’t do something to make a difference.
I’ve decided to do something about the travesty that’s happening to women’s rights in this country.
I’m going to donate 100% of sales from anyone who subscribes to my Skill Sessions this week to Planned Parenthood.
Plus, I’ll match all purchases with an equal personal donation of my own.
If you subscribe this week you’ll get access to my best systems to grow your audience and business — and more importantly, you’ll help women across this country get access to care they need.
Together, we’ll do something.
Now, on to this week’s ideas…
The Starting Five
1. How To Be More Strategic With Your Newsletter
I was a guest on the Craftsman Creative podcast recently and shared my thoughts about how to write and grow a newsletter including tips about how to find your niche, get subscribers, and get the most out of the effort you put into it.
2. How To Write Headlines That Work
Not only does this give you eight effective headline formats you can “borrow,” it also explains how to come up with your own and write articles that live up to your headlines.
3. Casey Neistat’s 10 Secrets To Creative Productivity
Ever wonder how Casey gets stuff done and maintains such high quality in his creations? In this video Ryan Holiday shares what he’s learned from him including how he finds motivation, does less better, and develops courage.
4. How To Use The Relative Pricing Pyramid To Price Your Products And Services
This is aimed at writers, but the underlying concepts — especially the two common pricing mistakes creators make — apply to anything you want to sell.
5. How To Write A Top 1% Twitter Thread
Not only will this help you avoid common mistakes, but it will also show you how to format your tweets, write a great call to action at the end, and even gives you three killer opening tweets you can use for your next thread.
Meanwhile, On Twitter…
This week I wrote threads about:
• Mistakes I've made as a creator
• 5 new growth tactics I found
• How to find a career you love
• How to find your niche
• How to get more people to see your tweet
• How to get traffic to your site from Twitter
Here they are 👇
— Josh Spector (@jspector) June 25, 2022
Make a list of 30 things you’ve been meaning to do/finish for a while that take less than two hours to do.
Do one a day for the next month.
Watch how it changes your life.
— Josh Spector (@jspector) June 19, 2022
Sources and Sponsors
• I’m Minnow a coach and photographer based in NYC. Subscribe to my blog Upstream, where I share messy thoughts on how to nurture a creative practice.
• Successful teams grow leaders at home & at work. End procrastination. Resolve difficult conversations. Win consistently. Email Bob@Coaching2Grow.org to request a Free Solution Guide.
• The most productive, predictable and profitable 5-minutes of your Monday with the 5-Minute Monday Newsletter.
• Feed your ears! On Repeat is a free newsletter sharing great music throughout the week. Give me two weeks, and I’ll find you a new favorite band!
• The stock market may be down. It’s ugly out there. But alternative assets are having a moment. It’s time to learn more. Subscribe to Alts
• The Idea Economy newsletter helps creators and indie startups grow their audience and business.
Here’s your chance to be featured in this newsletter.
My Final Words Of The Week
A quick reminder:
My new podcast is coming soon and you can be on it.
Have an interesting week!
New To This Newsletter?
Subscribe here to get what I share next week.