Bad Advice: Fake it ’til you make it.
Better Advice: Make it ’til you make it.
Now, on to this week’s ideas…
The Starting Five
In this week’s episode of my I Want To Know podcast, I reveal exactly where my money comes from and share tips about why the key to a successful newsletter is more than just getting people to subscribe.
Watch it at the link above or listen to it here or on your favorite podcast platform.
I ask myself these questions before I take on a new client and they’ve saved me a LOT of headaches over the years.
Tips to help you pick a topic, choose a title, film, edit, and do everything else it takes to make a video that resonates with people.
Including eight examples of great welcome emails.
This one’s not on the list, but here’s my personal favorite — I highly recommend using it as a template for yours! 😉
“The truth is that everybody in this room needs to radically rethink how you communicate — especially how you write — if you want anything to stick in this distracted, digital world.”
I Can’t Stop Thinking About This…
Sources and Sponsors
• SEO Domination by Compass Digital Strategies. The weekly jargon-free newsletter loaded with tips and tools for driving free organic website traffic.
• Entrepreneurship ruined my life. Until I learned how to build an online business without losing myself in the process. Here’s how you can too.
• Looking for ways to create more and save more? Click here to download your free guide: 11 Tax Deductions Every Creative Should Know
• Learn, network, support founders and angel invest through Angel Squad. Sign up for a free trial today!
• IntoTheChain simplifies web3 for marketers & creators. Subscribe to get the latest web3 trends & marketing strategies delivered to your inbox 2X/week.
• The Creator Bread newsletter breaks down the business, money, and strategy behind the creator economy.
• The Growth Currency newsletter features resources, tools, and courses for creators.
Want to promote your work to my 19,000+ readers? Reserve an ad.
My Final Words Of The Week
Last week I tried something simple.
Each day I reached out to one person and pitched a way for us to help each other grow our audiences.
Lined up a newsletter cross promotion with one person, got myself booked on a large podcast, and booked a guest with a large following on my podcast.
It’s a good reminder — how do you grow an audience?
One step at a time.
Have an interesting week!
New To This Newsletter?
Subscribe here to get what I share next week.