In last week’s FTI newsletter I gave you the chance to vote to “unlock” a previous issue of my This Is How I Do It newsletter.
It turned out to be quite the close competition, with the most popular topic winning by just seven votes.
You’ll see the winning response listed as the number one link below and I’ll keep it unlocked for a week to give you a chance to check it out.
And as a reminder, you can subscribe to my This Is How I Do It newsletter here to get access to all the weekly emails I share revealing exactly how I grow my audience and business.
Now, on to this week’s ideas…
1. This Is How I Decide Which Projects To Pursue
“I look for projects — or ways to frame projects — that ensure even if they tank I’ll still get value out of them.”
I’ve got way more things I want to do than I’ve got time to do them so I’ve had to develop a system to figure out what to focus on.
In this free sample issue of my This Is How I Do It newsletter, I share the system I use to decide which projects to pursue including how I consider what failure might cost me, take on projects that are guaranteed to succeed even if they fail, and make sure if something new comes on, something else goes off.
Related: Eight ways to improve your focus.
2. The System Every Creator Needs To Build A Successful Career
“Every successful creator’s system contains the same three elements: Discovery, connection, and monetization mechanisms.”
No matter what you create, you ultimately need to figure out a few core things in order to get where you want to go.
In this post I share the system every creator needs to build a successful career including how to approach your discovery, connection, and monetization strategies.
Plus, I reveal what my current system looks like for each of those elements.
3. How To Increase Your Creative Productivity
“How do they finish so many things? They don’t. But they publish them anyway.”
This is the best and most important video I’ve found for creators to watch in a while — I’ve watched it at least 10 times this week myself and everyone I show it to loves it.
In a 10-minute video, Jack Conte explains how to increase your creativity productivity.
He points out the difference between finishing and publishing, how the world’s most successful artists master publishing, and how the realization everything is a funnel can change your entire life.
4. How To Build A Billion Dollar Audience
“In every example I looked at I found that personal brands are great for getting started, but this next level nearly always involves moving beyond a personal brand.”
It’s one thing to capture the attention of an audience, but it’s another to turn that attention into massive financial success.
Nathan Barry explores how to build a billion dollar audience based on the experiences of people who have done so and suggests to do so you must build more than a personal brand, sell products instead of attention, and drive recurring or repeat purchases from customers.
Btw, I found this link in the Startup Resources newsletter.
5. How To Get Booked As A Guest On A Podcast
“Instead of reaching out by email, create your proposal in audio, or — even better — video form.”
There are so many podcasts out there looking for guests these days and you’re likely looking for ways to promote your creations, so here’s an article to help you connect the dots.
Matthew McLean breaks down how to get booked as a guest on a podcast including tips about how to reach out to podcasts and several services you can use to connect with podcasters looking for guests.
• Launching a new idea or offer? Accelerate the results. Client-in-a-Day workshop. Best way to accelerate your insights AND get clients without chasing.
• I’m Alan, a performance & personal fulfillment coach to successful entrepreneurs, investors, creatives and artists in business. Check me out here.
• Be the smartest person in the room. 1440 provides all your news in a single email — culture, science, sports, & more — 100% free. Sign up now!
• Hellooo! We are thrilled to announce the Newsletter Awards 2020. Invited extraordinary writers, and everybody, everywhere. Hope to see you there.
• You have cool products to build, don’t waste your time looking for music. Open the Album Daily newsletter, select a music platform, and click play.
Have something you’d like to promote to FTI readers? Go here to purchase an ad.
My Final Words Of The Week
You’ve got 100 blocks a day to work with.
The question is, what do you want to do with them?
It’s worth spending a tenth of a block on.
Have a great week.
PS — If you dig this newsletter, I’d love for you to share it with others who might enjoy it.