I know I’m not the only one who creates or discovers things creators will find useful.
If you make or come across something my readers would find helpful, please tell me about it in a reply to this tweet.
That way, not only will I potentially include it in a future issue of this newsletter, but others who browse my replies will see it as well.
Now, on to this week’s ideas…
1. 40 One-Sentence Marketing Tips
“You don’t need a big budget, you need a big story.”
Most marketing is bad, but it doesn’t have to be.
In this post I share 40 one-sentence marketing tips including ways to think differently about how to spread your message, connect to your audience, and make an impact.
Related: 40 one-sentence communication tips.
2. If It Doesn’t Happen, You Have To Keep Going
“If you keep complaining about things not happening to you, then you’re not using that time to make the small things happen.”
Steve Aoki may be one of the most successful musicians in the world, but he knows 70% of what he does isn’t going to work…and he does it anyway.
This two-minute video from Flavio De Feo breaks down Aoki’s philosophy that if it doesn’t happen, you have to keep going.
It’s not only inspiring, but a crucial lesson for every creator to learn.
Related: How to overcome the urge to quit.
3. Eight Keys To Growing A Community Around Your Creations
“Find the 100 who give a damn and don’t worry about scaling.”
There are so many valuable lessons packed into this one it’s impossible to summarize and do it justice.
These eight keys to growing a community around your creations include to make sure you’re not creating a community in name only, turn the spotlight towards others, and make it purposeful and participatory.
Btw, I found this link in the swissmiss newsletter.
4. Sales For Beginners
“The expert curators at Morning Brew have tapped industry pros, sifted through years of blog posts, and watched every relevant Office clip to bring you a 10-step guide to the best resources in sales.”
Even if you don’t work in sales, you will inevitably need to sell things at some point and this will come in handy.
Jamie Wilde compiled a guide to sales for beginners that features a collection of links to sales strategies, real-life success stories, fundamentals, and even some fun lessons from pop culture.
Btw, I found this link in the Weekend Briefing newsletter.
5. How To Make A Great Podcast Trailer
“Your goal should be to capture the message of your show as concisely as possible.”
A podcast trailer isn’t just a way to promote an upcoming podcast — it’s a valuable tool for existing podcasts as well.
This three-minute video features Spotify’s advice on how to make a great podcast trailer including how long your trailer should be, what to say (and not say) in it, and how to use a call-to-action at the end of the trailer.
The first minute of the video is focused on how to add your trailer to Spotify, but the rest is universal advice that will help even if your podcast isn’t on Spotify.
How To Launch Ads In Your Newsletter (And Sell Them Out!)
If you want to monetize your newsletter, blog, or podcast with ads, this will show you exactly how to do it.
I put together a seven-page PDF that reveals the system I used to launch ads in my newsletter and sell out the first 17 issues that featured ads.
Get This Is How I Launched Ads In My Newsletter (And Sell Them Out!) for a behind-the-scenes look at:
• How I attracted buyers before launching the ads
• How I set and raised prices
• How I chose parameters for what the ads could include
• How I manage the sales and execution of the ads on an ongoing basis without doing any sales outreach beyond mentioning them in my newsletter.
Or, subscribe to This Is How I Do It for access to my complete library of 25+ resources (including the one mentioned above) to help you grow your audience and business.
• I’m Alan, a personal performance and leadership coach to successful entrepreneurs, investors, LGBTQIA+ and artists in business. Check me out here.
• Not a Christmas gift — Ahrefs Webmaster Tools is ever free for your website. Keep your family and website healthy in the New Year!
• Worrying about taxes? DON’T! We can help you create a strategy that takes out all the stress. Contact us today.
• Need a creative gift idea? Develop a rockstar “right brain” with Armchair Drummer! Play at your desk — no drums required. $20 at ArmchairDrummer.com
• The best time to invest in yourself is now. Explore what is possible for you and your future. Sign up for your free Mindset Coaching Session here.
Have something you’d like to promote to 10,000+ FTI readers? Purchase an ad here.
My Final Words Of The Week
This morning I stood on one leg while brushing my teeth.
I didn’t do it because I’ve lost my mind (though that may also be true), but rather because I was inspired by this list of 20 every day micro-habits to try.
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got to go hang my head and shoulders off the side of the bed for a couple minutes.
Have a great week!
PS — If you enjoy this newsletter I’d love for you to tell others about it.