The way to get attention for your creations is to do something unique.
Something most aren’t willing to do.
Something that stands out.
Something like this.
Now, on to this week’s ideas…
1. This Will Inspire You To Create Something Today
“In theory a blank page is the most ideal circumstance, and in practice it is paralyzing.”
This is a bit different than what I typically share, but you’re going to dig it.
Jonnie Lewis made a 3-minute video that will inspire you to create something today.
It’s about street artist David Zinn and I bet you’ll never see a sidewalk the same way again.
2. How To Master Google Search
“The ability to do precise Google searches and getting relevant results is a superpower that is easy to acquire but most people don’t have it.”
You can do so much more with Google search than you may realize.
Pedro Guimaraes explains how to master Google search and reveals a bunch of simple ways searches can improve your sales, growth, and marketing.
Btw, I found this link in the Investing.io newsletter.
3. How To Do Email Marketing Right
“It pays to treat email marketing as a feedback loop as well as a marketing stream.”
Most companies are bad at email marketing, but you can get exponentially better if you pay attention to a few basic principles.
Mae Rice interviewed Dan Oshinsky to get his take on how to do email marketing right including why your emails need a unique voice, how to use them to spark a two-way relationship, and why you can’t use personalization as a substitute for personality.
Btw, I found this link in the Opt In Weekly newsletter.
Related: 40 one-sentence marketing tips.
4. The Unseen Effort It Takes To Succeed
“If someone’s much better than you at something, they probably try much harder. You probably underestimate how much harder they try.”
It’s tempting to compare yourself to other creators, but that’s a trap.
Ava riffs on the unseen effort it takes to succeed and highlights the importance of falling in love with the work and not just the potential results.
As she says, “A lot of people want to be but they don’t want to do.”
Btw, I found this link in the Weekend Briefing newsletter.
Related: This is how I get things done each day.
5. How To Price Your Newsletter Subscription
“Even if your audience has little disposable income, you can always justify a higher price if you add concrete value to people’s lives.”
This article is about Substack newsletters, but the advice applies to any newsletter you hope to monetize.
Casey Botticello breaks down how to price your newsletter subscription including a look at the typical price range, why it’s a good idea to offer promotional pricing to early subscribers, and how to handle monthly vs. annual pricing.
This Is How I Use Blog Posts To Get Clients
I put together a seven-page PDF that reveals how I’ve used blog posts to attract clients and sell my consulting services…and how you can too.
You’ll learn how I write posts that attract potential clients, see three examples of actual posts that got me clients, an analysis of why they worked and advice on how you can create something similar for your niche.
Join This Is How I Do It for access to my full library of 36 resources to help you grow your audience or business, plus a new one each week.
Join today to get $1,320 worth of resources for just $120!
• I’m Alan, a personal performance and leadership coach to successful entrepreneurs, investors, LGBTQIA+ and artists in business. Check me out here.
• Are your customers on Instagram? Don’t have time to grow your audience. Ampfluence manages 100s of Insta accounts manually — no bots, no gimmicks. GO!
• Become a better writer and join a community of creatives. Subscribe to Daily Writer for inspiration and accountability every day in your inbox.
• Ever feel like jumping in puddles on a rainy day? Well, this new video from Tanya Winch is kinda like THAT. Check it out now for a whole lot of sunshine!
• Looking to level-up your work/life? The Pocket provides curated resources & reflections on personal development, productivity, & clear thinking.
Have something you’d like to tell 10,000+ FTI readers about? Reserve an ad here.