On Monday, I’m launching something new.
A one-paragraph daily newsletter featuring things you’ll dig called The Daily Graph.
It’s free. It’s fun.
And I can’t wait to share it with you.
Now, on to this week’s ideas…
1. 40 One-Sentence Blogging Tips
“Every blog post you publish is a stock you’ve added to your portfolio and it only cost you the time it took to write it.”
Writing a blog can change your life.
In this post I share 40 one-sentence blogging tips based on my experience to help you figure out how to write posts that attract readers, create opportunities, and help you accomplish your goals.
Related: 40 one-sentence writing tips.
2. A Super Specific Way To Create A Better Course
“You want to spend 20% on the what and why and 80% on the how.”
I’m in love with this article and think it applies to more than just courses — it will improve anything you do to help people get better at something.
Wes Kao breaks down a super specific way to create a better course and suggests you make student outcomes your North Star, focus on verbs, and go one step further than you think you have to.
3. The Secrets Behind How Morning Brew Grew To Two Million Subscribers
“Morning Brew’s new subscriber engagement varies wildly depending on acquisition source (Facebook, Instagram, influencer campaign, etc.).”
If you grow a newsletter to millions of subscribers, chances are you’ve learned a few things along the way.
The company’s former director of growth Jenny Rothenberg shares the secrets behind how Morning Brew grew its audience including a behind-the-scenes look at what metrics they optimize for, how they find potential audiences to reach, and what growth channel works best for them at the moment.
Related: A five-day plan to grow your newsletter.
4. The Two Ways To Get Creative Work Done: Plodding And Bursting
“Most likely you’ll observe that you’re much better at applying one of these modes than the other.”
This is an interesting way to think about how you approach creative work and better understand the process of other creative people you work with.
Steve Pavlina suggests plodding and bursting are the two ways to get creative work done and explains how to identify your dominant mode, own it, and optimize your work approach for it.
Btw, I found this link in Jocelyn K. Glei’s newsletter.
Related: The secrets of successful creators.
5. The Product Launch Formula Mini-Masterclass
“The whole idea is turn your marketing into an event.”
I’ve heard about Jeff Walker’s Product Launch Formula for years, but never knew exactly what it was until I came across this mini-Masterclass on it.
In a 22-minute video, Jeff explains the Product Launch Formula including how you can use stories, sequences, and triggers to build excitement, get attention, and sell anything you create.
Btw, I found this link in the Scalable newsletter.
Related: 40 one-sentence product sales tips.
This Is How I Get Things Done Every Day
I put together an eight-page PDF that reveals the simple productivity system I use each day to manage my To-Do List, focus on my most impactful work, and get things done…and how you can too.
You’ll learn how I use a free app to manage my workflow, the five-minute routine I use every morning to optimize my day, and how I built a system that amplifies motivation and minimizes procrastination.
Join This Is How I Do It for access to my full library of 38 resources to help you grow your audience or business, plus a new one each week.
Join today to get $1,350 worth of resources for just $120!
• Over 2.7 million people start their day with Morning Brew — a free daily newsletter covering everything from Wall St. to Silicon Valley. Check it out.
• Wish someone would manage your Instagram account so you can focus on the biz? This company grows hundreds of accounts manually — no bots, no gimmicks.
• I know you’re really busy. So I’ll take on the work of managing your Facebook ads, ad videos, and optimizing your website, so you don’t have to!
• Get To Traction is a weekly newsletter specifically for first time founders, early stage startups, and those grinding to land their first users.
• Can bitcoin make you a millionaire? You bet. 3,227+ investors trust this newsletter. Redpill Crypto Research could help you 3x your money.
Have something you’d like to tell 10,000+ FTI readers about? Reserve an ad here.
My Final Words Of The Week
I’m over Zoom calls.
To be more specific, I’m over Zoom calls that have no reason to be Zoom calls.
It seems like the world has forgotten we don’t always need to be able to see each other to speak to each other.
Zoom fatigue is real and at least now we know why.
Have a great (and Zoom free?) week!
PS — If you enjoy my newsletter I’d love you to tell others about it.