Lots of people seek advice.
Few act on it.
All the prep work in the world won’t help a filmmaker if she never calls, “Action!”
Now, on to this week’s ideas…
1. How To Get Your First 1,000 Subscribers
“Before you get too hung up on building an audience, first ask if what you’re writing is actually interesting.”
There’s no one way to grow an audience so it’s helpful to study how different creators have done so.
Stewart Fortier interviewed a bunch of creators about how to get your first 1,000 subscribers and they each reveal the way they built their audiences — from their initial outreach to friends and family, to how they used social media, to how they attracted word of mouth.
Btw, I found this link in the Idea Economy newsletter.
2. How To Create Content That Sustains A Career
“I would encourage you to think about what you want to do with your content, what do you want to achieve beyond what we would consider vanity metrics?”
Often when people struggle to get value out of their content it’s because they’re focused on the wrong things.
In this five-minute video, Tim Ferriss explains how to create content that sustains a career including how to adopt the right mindset, focus your efforts, and choose the right format for you.
Btw, I found this link in the Modern Museum newsletter.
3. The 12 Keys To Creating A Successful Course
“By using this framework, you’ll be able to make more confident decisions about your course pricing, length, student count, and more.”
This is one of the most valuable (and epic) resources I’ve ever shared.
Wes Kao shares 12 keys to creating a successful course which is essentially a framework you can follow to structure your course in a way that attracts students and delivers value.
Btw, I found this link in the Course Creators Weekly newsletter.
4. The Secret To Organic Growth
“Consistency is, it turns out, pointless without adaptation.”
No audience grows without consistency, experimentation, and patience.
Dave Nemetz explores the secret to organic growth and discusses an often overlooked part of the organic growth equation: The importance of adaptation.
5. How To Tell If You’re Working On The Wrong Thing
“It took 15 minutes to confront that those are the things I care about — to varying degrees. What’s crazy is that I didn’t do this exercise until a few years ago.”
Julian Shapiro recently decided not to start another startup and then shared a tweet thread explaining the process he went through to get to the decision.
He explains how to tell if you’re working on the wrong thing by using a framework to examine what you care about, what you value, and the ways you can achieve those things before choosing a course of action.
Btw, I found this link in the Scalable newsletter.
This Is How I Outline Blog Posts
I put together a six-page PDF that reveals the process I use to write my weekly blog posts and reach millions of readers.
You’ll learn how I decide what to write about, develop the headline and key points for the post, write the first draft, and create high-quality blog posts on a consistent basis without spending endless hours working on them.
Join This Is How I Do It for access to my full library of 45 resources to help you grow your audience or business, plus a new one each week.
Join today to get $1,455 worth of resources for just $120!
• 12k entrepreneurs enjoy our views on digital assets, alternative investments, useful tech & startups. All epic. No ish. Grab the investing.io letter.
• Want to grow your website traffic faster? Subscribe to The SEO Letter to get exclusive SEO tips & SEO updates — sent weekly to 1,000+ marketers.
• Bullet Points is a twice-monthly newsletter that’ll teach you how to write better. Subscribe here — it takes less than 30 seconds.
• The book: Build your audience, teaches you to attract the clients you want and build trust to keep them coming back for more. Get Your Copy Now!
• Who Sponsors Stuff: Find your next newsletter sponsor. 200+ newsletters tracked. 1,000+ sponsors buying on newsletters RIGHT NOW. Sign up free!
• As a doctor and entrepreneur, I discovered 2 Simple Diet Tweaks that shot my energy and focus (and body) into uncharted territory. Free Masterclass.
Have something you’d like to tell 10,000+ FTI readers about? Reserve an ad here.
My Final Words Of The Week
I shared a bunch of stuff in my Daily Graph newsletter this week that resonated with subscribers.
For example, what it really means when people say they’re “fine” and the magic of 80%.
If you’re not getting my Daily Graph yet, you can subscribe here.
Have a great week!
PS — If you enjoy my newsletter I’d love you to tell others about it.