Tomorrow (June 21st) is your last chance to get my Newsletter Accelerator course at a discounted rate of $247.
Price goes up to $297 after that.
I’m incredibly proud of the course and sure it will help you grow your newsletter.
If it doesn’t, I’ll give you a full refund, so you’ve literally got nothing to lose.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Now, on to this week’s ideas…
1. Read This If You’re Struggling To Grow Your Audience
“Host a party, not a concert.”
If you’re struggling to grow your audience, it’s not because you suck (probably) — it’s more likely because you misunderstand how audiences grow.
In this post I share five concepts to help you grow your audience including that you are (or were) your audience, your audience and your ideal audience aren’t the same thing, and why closer relationships are more valuable than more followers.
2. How To Make Your Own Reaction GIF
“Here’s how to create one in three steps using Zoom.”
You and your audience will have some fun with this one.
Ramli John explains how to make your own reaction GIF in three simple steps for free by recording yourself on Zoom and converting it to a series of GIFs you can use to add a personal touch to your content.
He made 33 reaction GIFs in 20 minutes.
Btw, I found this on Charbel Simon’s Twitter account.
3. How To Reach Millions Of People By Writing On Quora
“Quora is the most undervalued writing platform on the internet — and has been for the past 7 years.”
Quora is a platform that allows anyone to ask and answer questions — and it’s a platform Nicolas Cole has used to reach 33 million people.
He offers 10 tips to help you master writing on Quora including to tell stories, only answer questions you write high-value answers to, and answer suggested questions.
Btw, I found this link in the Idea Economy newsletter.
Related: 40 one-sentence writing tips.
4. Your New Favorite Pitch Deck Templates
“At its core, the best way to present an idea is black text on white space with good content.”
I’m in love with this.
Studio Self has put together two free pitch deck templates you can adapt and use for just about anything you want to present.
They’re incredibly simple and likely more effective than whatever flashy, bloated, unnecessarily complicated deck you currently use.
5. Five Common Copywriting Mistakes Course Creators Make On Sales Pages
“Why should your audience believe that you can deliver the transformation you promise?”
This is about course sales page, but most of the tips apply to any product or service you hope to sell.
Julia Saxena shares five common copywriting mistakes course creators make on sales pages including to make your course name your headline, not show enough proof, and not make it clear how buyers will benefit.
Related: 40 one-sentence product sales tips.
This Is How I Edit My Writing
I put together a 12-page PDF that includes a breakdown of the system I use to edit and improve everything I write including blog posts, newsletters, emails, and more.
Join This Is How I Do It for access to my full library of 52 resources to help you grow your audience or business, plus a new one each week for the next year.
Join today to get $1,560 worth of resources for just $120!
As Minnow Park, said, “Josh has given me inspiration, insight, and a model on how to be a creator and founder.”
• Launch the project you’ve been working on. Take the next step in your career. Do it with peers. Join Propel, the community for future builders. Apply.
• No Nuisance Marketing: The book Build Your Audience learn you how to create consistency in your marketing without being intrusive.
• Feeling stuck? Get a free newsletter on how to have a happier, more meaningful life.
• Get paid to write by signing up with TWJN: a free weekly newsletter for the best paid remote freelance writing jobs. Sign Up here to get paid!
• WFH? Maximize your freedom and financial security with weekly hand-picked financial independence & mindful productivity ideas for remote workers.
Have something you’d like to tell 10,000+ FTI readers about? Reserve an ad here.
My Final Words Of The Week
So much more goes on with people than we realize.
It’s powerful when someone has the courage to talk about it.
Have a great week!
PS — If you enjoy my newsletter I’d love you to tell others about it.