Winners don’t always win.
They just don’t let a loss convince them they’re a loser.
Now, on to this week’s ideas…
The Starting Five
1. Five Creative Ways To Get A New Coaching Client This Week
Here’s a list of tactics I came up with that won’t cost you any money and will increase people’s interest in paying for your expertise.
2. 15 Lessons On Creativity From The Beatles
Everything from constraints are the secret ingredient to creativity, to good production is often about the things you omit, to “yes” leads to all kinds of good things.
3. How To Manage Your Time Like A Computer Does
Turns out computers have time management struggles too. This five-minute video shows how they solve them and how you can apply a similar approach to boost your own productivity.
4. How To Use A Sales Ladder To Sell Your Products And Services
Selling’s about more than just making things people want to buy — this will show you how to get strategic about what you offer and what you charge for it.
5. Seven Ways To Improve Your Instagram Profile
This one’s aimed at creative businesses, but chances are you’ll find the tips about how improve your bio, highlights, and profile pic helpful no matter what you do.
A Deeper Dive: Saying No
Some resources you may find helpful:
How To Use A “No” Template To Make It Easier To Say No
Hell Yeah Or No: What’s Worth Doing
What To Say When Someone Says Your Price Is Too High
Sources and Sponsors
• The stock market won’t go up forever. Be ready before it falls. Alternative Assets demystifies the world of alternative investments. Subscribe today.
• Curious about the spoken/unspoken impacts of branding? Brands Mean a Lot covers it all: from home office playsets to menthol cigarette bans. Subscribe
• Seeking new customers? Pear helps founders and marketers achieve growth through newsletter, podcast and Patreon creators seeking ad sponsorship.
• Write great email copy, even if you aren’t a copywriter. Craft emails that open hearts, minds, and wallets with these free email copywriting templates
• Are you a founder that struggles with sales? Get the free 2022 sales playbook designed for startup founders and 3x your Q1 pipeline.
• The Storythings newsletter is a collection of inspiring stories and examples of how creative people express themselves.
• The Growth Currency newsletter features resources, tools, and courses for creators.
• Become a For The Interested sponsor and reach 18,000+ creators and entrepreneurs for $100. On average, sponsors get 150 clicks on their ads.
Feel Like Social Media Isn’t Working For You?
My 80-Minute Social Media Mastery video will help you figure out why and show you how to grow your audience, engagement, and accomplish your goals.
My Final Words Of The Week
What’s a specific episode of a podcast about marketing, content, social media, or creators you’d recommend I check out?
Tell me here or just browse the great suggestions others have shared.
Have a great week!
PS — If you enjoy my newsletter I’d love you to tell others about it.