This is my last newsletter of the year and I’d like to thank you.
Not only for your interest, but for being the kind of person who wants to learn, create, share, and improve things.
The world needs more people like you and I’m honored to have you in my audience.
Now, on to this week’s ideas…
The Starting Five
1. The Secrets of Successful Creators (vol. 2)
My gift to you.
This free ebook I put together features 254 proven strategies from the world’s most successful creators to help you grow your audience and business.
It includes everything I shared in my Sunday newsletters this year, organized by topic.
You’re welcome to download it for free.
But I’ve also included a pay-what-you-can option so if you’d like to support the hundreds of hours that went into its creation over the past year, just set the price to whatever you’d like to contribute and please know I truly appreciate it!
By the way, if you never got last year’s ebook that’s still available here.
2. How To Grow Your Audience By Mapping A Community
A great step-by-step plan you can use to identity and connect with your target audience — it’s written for people who use Twitter but can be applied to any social network.
3. Four Things To Keep In Mind When Pricing A Product
A quick read to help you avoid the most common mistakes people make when pricing a product, including why you should charge more than you’re comfortable with and justify or kill your lowest plan.
4. The Four Levels of The Creator Economy
Every creator is playing a different game and it’s important to understand what game you’re playing and how best to play it — this will help you figure that out.
5. How Netflix Chooses Image Thumbnails
I doubt you run a streaming network, but I bet you’ll find some tips here you can apply to the images you use to promote your own videos.
A Deeper Dive: Setting Goals
As we head into a new year, here are a few resources to help you set better goals:
• The One-Sentence Formula That Reveals The Missing Ingredient In Your Goal
• How To Set Goals In A Way That Helps You Accomplish Them
• Ignoring Your Long Term Goals Is The Best Way To Accomplish Them
Sources and Sponsors
• RocaNews does what most other news companies fail to do: provide factual & enjoyable news. Be the most interesting person at happy hour: signup here.
• NFTs! So exciting, but so confusing. That’s where we come in: Free course reveals how I made $20k in 48 hours with NFTs. (Price going up soon)
• Dex (backed by YC) is a personal CRM that helps you build stronger relationships. Keep in touch, be thoughtful, and leverage your network better.
• 10+1 Things is a free newsletter featuring 11 stories handpicked by a curious human.
Want to reach the 18,000 creators and entrepreneurs who read this newsletter?
Reserve an ad here for $100 — on average, last week’s sponsors got 255 clicks on their ads.
My Final Words Of The Week
It’s easy to feel overwhelmed by all the advice, systems, hacks, and assorted other stuff you “need” to do to grow your audience or business.
The next time you feel that way, just remember this.
Have an interesting week!
PS — If you enjoyed this newsletter, tell someone about it.