What was right in that moment may not be right in this one.
What you needed in that moment may not be what you need now.
What you wanted in that moment may not be what you want now.
This moment isn’t that moment.
And that’s OK.
Now, on to this week’s ideas…
1. Five Concepts That Will Unlock Twitter Success For You
“While followers can be valuable and a marker of Twitter success, it’s crucial (and freeing) to recognize you don’t need a large following to get value from Twitter.”
There’s so much value to be had on Twitter…if you know how to unlock it.
In this post I share five concepts that will unlock Twitter success for you including to use Twitter to drive value instead of traffic, recognize the more varied the topic you tweet about the harder it is to grow your following, and that replies are the secret sauce of Twitter.
Related: The Twitter tips collection.
2. How To Find People To Amplify Your Work
“Most creators believe that high quality work is the key to amplification. It. Is. Not.”
This is such an important article to read if you’re trying to grow your audience.
Rand Fishkin breaks down how to find people to amplify your work including an overview of why people share things, why your success is dependent on people doing so, and how to give yourself the best chance of that happening.
Btw, I found this link in the Ungated newsletter.
Related: The two ways to grow your audience: Do more or do less.
3. How To Align Your Calendar With What Matters Most
“If you can’t connect how you spend your time to an overarching purpose, then you could work 60 hours a week but be running in the wrong direction.”
Your calendar’s going to look so much better after you do this exercise.
Steve Schlafman explains how to align your calendar with what matters most and shares a set of questions to answer about your values, mission, and habits which will help you clarify how to make the best use of your time.
Btw, I found this link in the Weekend Briefing newsletter.
Related: This is how I get things done each day.
4. 20 Lessons From An eBook That Earned $100,000
“If you put everything behind a paywall too soon, your work can’t *work* for you.”
Steph Smith has had quite the success story with her ebook Doing Content Right.
She shares 20 lessons from earning $100,000 with an ebook including how she approached pricing, overcame imposter syndrome, and iterated as she went.
Btw, this Thursday in my Daily Graph newsletter I’m going to share my own thoughts about pricing — subscribe for free here to get it.
Related: 40 one-sentence product sales tips.
5. How To Avoid Five Common YouTube Mistakes
“Every video has a job to do.”
If you’re struggling to gain traction on YouTube, you’ll likely find some reasons why in this video.
In a five-minute video, Diana Gladney explains how to avoid five common YouTube mistakes including a lack of optimization, too much promotion, and bad thumbnails.
Related: How to create YouTube thumbnails people will click.
You Don’t Have To Feel Overwhelmed Or Lost Any More
If you’re having a hard time growing your audience or business, I can help.
Check out This Is How I Do It.
It’s a collection of 47 resources featuring a behind-the-scenes look at the systems and tactics I use so you can apply them to your own work.
It will save you time, effort, money, and stress.
You’ll learn things like:
• How I get things done each day
• How I use Twitter
• How I get clients
• How I grow and monetize my newsletter
• How I write blog posts and get millions of people to read them
And a TON more.
Join here to get access to all the resources, plus a new resource every week for the next year!
Or, check out one of the single editions I’ve made available.
• Download the first chapter of the book: Build Your Audience, which teaches you to attract the clients you want and build trust to keep them coming…
• Over 2.7 million people start their day with Morning Brew — a free daily newsletter covering everything from Wall St. to Silicon Valley. Check it out.
• What could you do with a database of 1,000+ sponsors buying on newsletters of all sizes RIGHT NOW? Sign up free!
• Q: How does a weekly newsletter thrive for >1,400 issues (nearly 27 years!)? A: Consistently Thought-Provoking Entertainment: Sign Up Free.
• Learn how to think strategically with The Way — a “f-ing brilliant” FREE email course & newsletter for founders, to help you make better decisions.
• Postanly Weekly: Get the best tools for accelerated learning, working smarter, thinking clearly and designing a better life. Sign up now. It’s free.
Have something you’d like to tell 10,000+ FTI readers about? Reserve an ad here.
My Final Words Of The Week
A couple years ago I shared a bunch of specific tactics you can use to grow your audience on social media on comedian Mike Bridenstine’s “Hunk” podcast
It was packed with actionable tips that will help you (even if you’re not a comedian) and he just re-released the episode.
You can listen to it here (starting at the 51-minute mark).
Have a great week!
PS — If you enjoy my newsletter I’d love you to tell others about it.