Excitement is contagious.
If you’re not excited to create it, it’s unlikely anyone will be excited to consume it.
If you’re not excited to share it, it’s unlikely anyone will be excited to discover it.
If you’re not excited to sell it, it’s unlikely anyone will be excited to buy it.
Now, on to this week’s ideas…
1. Seven Keys To Getting The Right Clients
“Pitch a result, not a tactic.”
In the process of building a successful consulting business, I’ve learned a ton about what works…and what doesn’t.
In this post I share seven keys to getting the right clients including how to figure out if you want to sell service or strategy, whether you want ongoing clients or one-off projects, and how to package the work you deliver.
Related: You have a competitive advantage — here’s how to find it.
2. 21 Blogging Tips From A Blogger Who Makes $30k A Month
“Think of your blog as a brand or a product, something that you can position within a marketplace. What makes it unique?”
Ryan Robinson has blogged for a decade, gets 500,000 monthly readers, and earns $30,000 a month.
He knows what it takes to build a successful blog.
In a 20-minute video he shares 21 blogging tips including ways to figure out what to write, get traffic, and grow your email list.
Related: This is how I outline blog posts.
3. How To Motivate Yourself By Understanding How Motivation Works
“Motivation is the desire to escape discomfort.”
You don’t have a procrastination problem — you just misunderstand how motivation works.
Nir Eyal explains how to motivate yourself by understanding how motivation works and suggests several techniques you can use to overcome your self-defeating behaviors including the 10-minute rule.
Related: Four questions that reveal if you’re trying hard enough to achieve your goal.
4. 20 Lessons From An Expert In Course Creation
“Give your tribe a proper name to use for what you teach. Give your frameworks memorable names too.”
Every course may be unique, but the successful ones all have a few things in common.
Andrew Barry shares 20 lessons for course creators including how to develop credibility, build an audience, and root your course in transformation.
Related: 22 strategies used to sell $1 million worth of courses.
5. How To Get 1,000 Email Signups In A Day
“If every new user that signs up brings a few of their friends, that’s essentially the easiest way to grow.”
Zaurbek Starek built a simple app prototype in a day. Then, he spent a day promoting it.
In this 11-minute video he reveals how he got 1,000 email signups in a day and what he learned from experimenting with promotion on Reddit, Facebook, and using a tool to gamify his signup page.
Related: How to get your first 1,000 email subscribers for free.
I Made Some Resources To Help You
I put together a few special resources to help you grow your audience or business.
Check these out:
• How To Write A New Client Proposal
• The Secrets of Successful Creators
• Four Tweet Formats That Work Every Time
• How To Get Things Done Each Day
Join This Is How I Do It for access to all of those resources plus 50 more resources and templates you can use to save time, money, and effort growing your audience or business.
It’s $1,600 worth of resources bundled up into a $120 package.
• Eco-friendly, but for lazy people. Subscribe to Greenish, a free weekly newsletter, to get one very easy green living tip each week.
• Win free coaching from a content marketing badass! For a chance to win, just write & ship something online this week. More details over @ Wordloops.
• Get a free excerpt from the Newsletter Accelerator course to help you with whatever challenge you face with your newsletter.
• A secret weapon for people who make things.
Have something you’d like to tell 10,000+ FTI readers about? Reserve an ad here.
My Final Words Of The Week
I had an epiphany this week about how to figure out what content to create.
Have a great week!
PS — If you enjoy my newsletter I’d love you to tell others about it.